This gallery contains 1 photo.
I realise that it has been a very long time since I posted a blog or even just did some updates. My apologies. I have been very busy in my personal life (aren’t we all!) I shall try and be … Continue reading
This gallery contains 1 photo.
I realise that it has been a very long time since I posted a blog or even just did some updates. My apologies. I have been very busy in my personal life (aren’t we all!) I shall try and be … Continue reading
Crochet stitches is such an ideal craft. It can be so fulfilling. It can also be useful. The craft can even make you such wonderful accessories that you can share to family and friends, like hats, socks and scarves.
If you will choose a fashion accessory to give away to friends, the best choice is the scarf.
A scarf gives the perfect last detail in the outfit of a lady. It is simply a long and narrow piece of textile worn over the head or around the neck. It is very useful to keep the lady warm. It keeps the hair covered and clean especially during commute. It is even a great fashion accessory.
The wonders of a simple scarf are very much recognized that there are many people who ventured into manufacturing scarves. Knitted and crocheted garments, especially scarves, are important aspects of business in some countries.
Given the desirability of having a scarf, it is a must that every woman must have it, even you. It can even be a better idea to make that scarf yourself. Give it your own personal touch and your own details. Use whatever color will suit your taste. Make it extra longer. Making your own scarf can give you so much freedom and room for innovation.
At this point, you might want to consider learning more about Crochet stitches.
How the Craft of Crochet stitches Came About
Many theories have come up as regards the history of Crochet stitches. Some believe that people early on have been doing this with the use of mere fingers. Some would say that it was plainly part of the sewing duties of a nun. Some even claim that it is part of rituals in the South America.
People can only speculate, still the exact origin of the Crochet stitches may remain a mystery.
It is worth mentioning however that the craft of crocheting had been a status symbol in the 16th century. Women members of the high society are the only ones who share the skill of crocheting. It was only in the 1800’s when the craft became accessible to majority of the public.
This craft then spread through many households and families. Women will often be found crocheting something for the household. The skill then is passed on from one generation to another, with the elders teaching the younger ones how to.
Some people would actually think that crocheting is something for the old person, or the old maid. However, this does not hold anymore today. People of all ages, from all walks of life can now Crochet stitches.
Another good thing about crocheting as a hobby is that it is not expensive. It is not taxing. All you need is to have the basic materials and dedicate a few minutes of your time for each day.
Learning How to Crochet stitches
Before starting, be sure to have all the supplies needed, the Crochet stitches hook, the yarn and the pattern.
There are some basic matters to learn to start crocheting. All Crochet stitches designs start with a slip stitch and a chain of stitches. Thus this is the first step to learn. So it is best to learn this first step as well the rest of the various Crochet stitches and stitches.
Traditionally, someone in the family will teach a youngster how to Crochet stitches. Today, if there is no one in the household to ask for guidance, some people opt to enroll on craft classes.
The next most important detail to make that masterpiece is to get the perfect pattern of a scarf.
Getting Great Crochet stitches Scarf Patterns
There may be craft stores in your locality that offer patterns. However, the choices can be very limited in whatever stock they only have.
The next best stop is to go online. The Internet offers a wide variety of choices. There are endless lists out there. Some web sites offer instructions book with patterns for a value and will have it delivered to your doorstep.
There are sites that give e-books. This is a better option as you can easily get hold of that pattern in minutes, rather than wait for days before it gets delivered. It is more convenient too. All you have to do is to print the pattern and you can Crochet stitches wherever you please.
The best choice yet is to get that perfect Crochet stitches scarf for free. You can easily surf the net for web sites that offer free patterns. Simply type the keywords ‘free Crochet stitches scarf patterns’ in the search engine.
The results can lead you to numerous web sites. Simply click on a link and explore until you find one that best suits your taste.
You can also join discussion groups and forums to meet other people who are into crocheting also. This is one good way to meet friends and also to have someone to exchange tips with and even trade patterns with.
So, grab those Crochet stitches supplies now and hold on to a great scarf pattern. Happy crocheting to you!
There are many free Crochet stitches patterns available in the Internet. It provides a wide range of information and instructions about crocheting. Making a Crochet stitches product is a fun thing to do especially if a person has a lot of free time to spend in crocheting different products. He may find it helpful to find sites where he can find free Crochet stitches patterns that will easily teach him how to Crochet stitches.
Learning how to Crochet stitches requires a lot of reading and understanding to make a Crochet stitches on an open mesh and a solid mesh pattern. He may find classes and seminars that offer tutorials on Crochet stitches making. These classes may provide a person adult education seminars, exhibits, design classes, libraries, and personalized lessons that a person will surely enjoy in his learning to knit or Crochet stitches.
However, these kinds of classes may offer shared patterns and tips to their students. He may have the alternative of hiring a personal teacher if he has a group of friends who are willing to share the expenses of the lessons. The interest of learning the craft can be fun especially with the type of environment that he is attending.
The National Guilds sponsor offers a lot of interesting programs, fashion shows, consumer shows, exhibits, and different opportunities that a person may learn about crocheting. To find free crocheting and knitting patterns, here are some ways on how to find lessons and pattern that will satisfy his interests.
1. To find the perfect free pattern, he may search the Internet for free subscription and registration for the sites that offer lessons on Crochet stitches and knitting. There are varieties of patterns to choose from for skilled Crochet stitches makers and for starters on this craft. Yahoo and Google search engines should help him find the site that will provide the necessary information on Crochet stitches.
2. He may borrow a copy of simple patterns from his neighbors who took classes on knitting and crocheting. He may save more money from borrowing rather than buying books and magazines.
3. He may visit the sites and get the email addresses of those who are Crochet stitches enthusiasts. He may ask questions and even trade common patterns for new designs and outlines. It is better if the person may have the same level of knowledge in crocheting so that he may find it interesting to chat and send messages to the person with the same expertise they share about Crochet stitches.
4. He may get the advice of craft experts and ask them how they improved in their skill on crocheting. He may ask for old pattern manuals and basic design patterns that would serve as his first step in learning the techniques of Crochet stitches and knitting.
5. He may join organizations and guilds like the Crochet stitches Guild of America that offers free classes and tutorials to those who would like to be experts on Crochet stitches. The registrations are free and they are able provide their members with free patterns that they may bring to their homes for work on and be a master of the craft.
6. It would be a big help if he can purchase books, which have topics that teach a person on Crochet stitches and knitting. There are books that provide instructional content with free patterns for beginners. If he does not have enough money to buy these books, he may go to the nearest library or he may find discount bookstores and garage sales for used and old books.
7. He may use the keywords Crochet stitches free patterns in searching the Internet. This will help the person to see more free patterns and information about Crochet stitches works and designs. Contents of topics should just be enough to provide him what he needs.
8. He needs to make sure that the instructional patterns would be easy to understand especially if he is just beginning to learn. All patterns should correspond to his level of knowledge and skills.
These tips would certainly help a person to avail free information and instructional tools on Crochet stitches. He should not be satisfied with his learning skills on crocheting and on the patterns that would help him to be expert in creating new designs and products such as Crochet stitches hats and filet Crochet stitches products.
Crochet stitches patterns can be done on almost anything. This can be used to make some accessories for the dining and living room. It can also be used as a curtain for the home.
Since these fabrics are light and easy to make, people have now decided to turn this into fashionable items like clothes and bags. Those who don’t want to wear it can just wrap it around and that makes it possible to also use Crochet stitches patterns for a shrug.
Shrugs are not really there to keep the person warm. It is simply an accessory to the top that the woman is wearing underneath. This makes it ideal for those who want to use it in the office or just hanging out with friends in the mall.
There many designs around and this can be buttoned, wrapped or tied in the front of the person. This makes it easy to remove. This may come in single colors and can be done in multicolor to make stand out.
The person can work on the open stitch design. This is called the Holey Squares shrug since the holes in between are big and are shaped just like a square. This can be made to fit the person based on the built.
Another good design to work on is called the Beatrice shrug. The holes are not that big compared to the first and this can be in a multi-color design. Accessories such as a bell can be added on the center making it easy for the person to tie.
There are many kinds of yarns that the person can use to make a Crochet stitches pattern and chenille is a good example. The individual can stitch to make a ¾ sleeve top that is only until the upper back of the person. Since it is wide, there is no need to tie or button it.
Shrugs can have added details on the edges or in the center. This can be in the form of stripes or shapes that may come in different colors.
There are many resources available that can help in making a shrug. This can be found in books and magazines. The individual can also catch this on TV since there are instructional shows that teach people how to cross stitch.
At different times of the year, the person can also watch it in fashion shows that are broadcasted on TV.
It will also be a good idea to ask friends who also do this as a hobby for advice to really make the shrug look good on the person.
Since it is a trend, a lot of retailers will surely have its own versions. By paying close attention to the details and the fabric used, the individual will be able to make something similar to those sold in the stores.
Those who know how to cross stitch and have done Crochet stitches patterns in the past will not have that much difficulty. The person has to simply run to the store and get the right kind of thread to work on this project. The person should first draw it on paper to see how it should look like.
The person should be sure that the shrug that is being made is just right for the season. Spring and summer should have light colors. Autumn and winter should have dark ones.
By making a shrug that is in line with the season, people will get to appreciate the intricate work done and not comment that it is not in style.
Crochet stitches patters have been around for a long time. This gives the person the oppurtunity to do some research first before deciding which pattern to work on. Since this takes time to master, making a simple one should be the first objective.
If after some time the person’s skills improve, then it is alright to work with different colors and added accessories. Cross stitching takes a lot of loops and turns just to get it right.
With a little practice, the person does not have to rely on an instructional video or a book anymore since these ideas will come from the mind. The person should just put it on paper then with work on it to bring that idea to life.
Have you ever wondered where and when this needlework hobby started? According to the September 1997 newsletter of the Crochet stitches Guild of America, a researcher theorized that the art of Crochet stitches could be traced as far back as 1500s in Italy. However, there is no solid evidence for this statement.
But even so, we can only imagine that this craft has been around for the longest time. And it has evolved from making only home décor works to stitching clothes and other fashion accessories as well.
Crocheting can let you do a lot of things. From small purses to jackets and sweaters, there are a lot of options to choose from. But there are probably some hobbyists that are looking for those old, classic patterns that can usually be seen during the early 1900s or even earlier. To help you in finding those hard-to-look for patterns, here are some resources that you can check out in the World Wide Web.
– Vintage Crochet stitches Patterns. Tabitha Gibbons, the owner of this web site, offers several volumes of Crochet stitches patterns books. She sells a wide selection of vintage Crochet stitches patterns, from little doilies, rugs, afghans to bed covers and table cloths. By visiting her web site, one can fill out the name and email form to receive a free pattern book.
– Crochet stitches Treasures. “Patterns from the past; Creating heirlooms for tomorrow…” This is the slogan of this web site with a collection of classic patterns. It is a member-based site that offers over 950 vintage patterns to its subscribers. For visitors, it also offers about 25 free vintage Crochet stitches patterns for personal use. However, it is not accepting new members at the moment until further notice by the owner.
– Celt’s Vintage Crochet stitches. Yet another vintage Crochet stitches patterns site, this really has a wide variety of vintage patterns to choose from. And the best thing about this site is that all of these patterns are for free! It also showcases the owner’s finished projects, most of which are doilies and other table accessories.
– Soft Memories. This site brings you back to the past with its collection of more than a thousand vintage Crochet stitches patterns. The patterns are grouped in different categories – doilies, bed jackets and slippers, hanky edgings, potholders, ruffles and flowers, doll clothes, and other home décor pieces. All of these patterns can be viewed and printed out by subscribing to the site. There are also a few free patterns available for visitors to get a peak of what the site has to offer.
– Vintage Crochet stitches Patterns e-book. This sort-of e-book contains 20 wonderful vintage patterns that are easy to Crochet stitches and can be hits in fairs and bazaars. Some examples of the patterns available are the Crochet stitches work bag, beaded doily, and the wedding ring bedspread. This is a portable document file (pdf) that can be downloaded for free from Crochet stitches and Knitting web site.
– 1800’s to Early 1900’s Vintage Pattern Links. This site, authored by a lady named Martha who is also known as StarGazer, has several links to patterns that were designed way back 1800s up to 1930s. These patterns can be accessed for free. The site also has links to other web sites that offer vintage Crochet stitches patterns.
– Antique Crochet stitches Patterns. This section in the web site Knitting-Crochet has almost a hundred of vintage patterns categorized into baby pieces, men’s or ladies’ wear, slippers, tablecloth, doily, and many others. It also offers to convert your knitting patterns to Crochet stitches and vice versa. Best of all, these patterns are free to access and print for personal use!
– Antique Crochet stitches Patterns. This one is different from the site above as this is the web site name itself, not just a section. This site offers vintage Crochet stitches patterns from 1850s to 1950s and all of these are baby items such as bonnet, booties, hat, jumper, afghan, and a lot more. It also provides free lesson for the wannabes and beginners of this needlecraft.
These are just a few of the tons of resources you can find online that offers hard-to-find vintage patterns. Whether free or fee-based, these sites and resources can surely take you back in time with the wonderful, classical patterns that they offer.
Crocheting, or the art of making “needlework” by connecting “lopped stitches” with a curved needle, is a classical hobby that is being enjoyed by many people all over the world. Like knitting, crocheting has been handed down from generations to generations, and still, it lures many aficionados.
Today, contemporary Crochet stitches fanatics are doubly fortunate because there is a myriad of information that is freely available in the Internet today. This includes some of the free Crochet stitches poncho patterns that are well accepted and admired in the industry.
Basically, making Crochet stitches is both a talent and hobby rolled into one magnificent activity. One of the best things about crocheting, and probably the reason behind its popularity, is that the process that is being used is so easy to understand. With the right tools and the right patterns, everything will be as easy as 1-2-3.
Take for example the Crochet stitches poncho. Through crocheting, people who love to wear ponchos can easily create their own masterpiece. And with the goodness of the Internet, there are many free Crochet stitches poncho patterns available online.
What was once considered and utilized as a covering for the body when raining, ponchos, or capelets to some people, are known “neoteric fashion” craze in the society today. Modern ponchos still bear the same shape but they are already made from different material and have an entirely different purpose.
As mentioned, ponchos are now being used as a fashion trendsetter. For this reason, the main materials used to make ponchos are yarn or thread. Hence, Crochet stitches ponchos are one of the modern styles being used to make fashion statements these days.
Thankfully, the Internet has provided the poncho lovers as well as the Crochet stitches fanatics enough information that will truly enhance their skills and talents as far as making Crochet stitches poncho is concerned.
With the advent of the Internet, it so easy to find a free Crochet stitches poncho pattern of your choice. You can find the best Crochet stitches poncho pattern for the adults, children, or for anyone who wants to wear this remarkable type of clothing.
Hence, if you are in search of a free Crochet stitches poncho pattern, all you have to do is to search online and you can exactly find what you need.
There are lost of websites that could give you such information. Just be very careful when getting some information online because you will never know what you are getting. This is because even if this Crochet stitches poncho patterns are given for free, not all of them can actually provide you with the kind of information that you really need.
Because of its vastness and wide reach, the Internet is currently being utilized as a means of transporting nuisance activities that could do more harm than good. And even if things are not done intentionally, there are some people who are not really experts on some things like making poncho patterns, and still, they insist on making one.
The problem with these kinds of free Crochet stitches poncho is that they can confuse you or even damage the totality of your project. And what you thought was a great bonus because of a free pattern, you have actually wasted many things. After all, it was only the pattern that was given for free, right?
So what do you have to about it? Here are some tips that can help you through:
1. Do your homework
Since you are already on the Internet, why don’t you make the most of it? Try to look for some reliable websites that could give you the best free Crochet stitches poncho patterns. You can do this by looking through some forums that features Crochet stitches ponchos. And the best thing about it is that you can shop for more free Crochet stitches ponchos without the risk of losing your money.
2. Widen your search
To get a better list of workable free Crochet stitches poncho patterns, it would be better if you will widen your search. Do not just focus on the things that you wish to find. Having a variety on topics about Crochet stitches ponchos would definitely bring you tom some ideas that you never thought existed. In this way, you will be able to see things that you have never even bother to consider.
The point is that the Internet can give you more than what you need if you will just learn how to get out of the stringency of a certain topic.
Indeed, free Crochet stitches poncho patterns online are not hard to find. You just have to be more open to new ideas and explore those that you have not tried yet. After all, what you are doing is an art. And like any art, your imagination should be working at its best; in turn, the possibilities become endless.
Getting something to wear in the head is nothing new. People who are young and old have used these for years to keep it protected from the heat of the sun or rain and even to cover a bald spot.
The hat is made of different fabrics and designs. Given the wide selection that people can choose from, it is also possible to make a hat using Crochet stitches patterns.
It is very common to find people using a hat in cold climates. Yarn that is commonly used keeps the head warm. The person can add some color into it which will not make it look dull. Those who are good with the hands can weave other designs that can make it truly stand out.
There are stores and some on the internet that sell hats that have Crochet stitches patterns all throughout the year. If the person has some basic knowledge about cross stitching, it will easy to study how it was done and to copy it when the individual gets home.
It sometimes takes a little inspiration from such manufacturers to push the person into making a few modifications to the kind of hat that fits the individual. This could be changing the color since the store may not have it or just making it unique.
Another good source of information for such designs is the internet or in fashion shows. Collections for the succeeding season are always launched months ahead before it arrives. By knowing what the “in thing” is, the person will have the right hat when these start selling in the malls.
Some basic steps on how to do this is also featured on instructional shows and learning a thing or two will help in bringing the idea to life. Friends who love hats can also give good ideas which will really make the hat different than those that can easily be purchased from the store.
The fashion world always makes collection for 4 seasons. This is spring, summer, fall and winter. Crochet stitches patterns for the hat and the colors used are not different and are also used here.
The first half of the year always starts with the bright colors. Adding a few darker colors in the form of lines, strips or certain shapes will make the hat not look dull and boring. It is also possible to add animal shapes or anything about nature since this is the time that a season is welcomed.
Going towards the second half of the year in anticipation of autumn and winter, this now shifts to a darker color. Some good colors are dark blue or navy, black, violet, grey to name a few. As the leaves begin to fall, putting some art work about nature can still give it something nice to show people.
Winter and Christmas is still done in the dark color. The most common during this time is red which can have some add-ons such as snowflakes colored in white, trees in green or a mixture of both with Santa Claus and perhaps the reindeers on the side of the hat.
The person has to buy the materials needed such as the needle and thread before starting on the project. This is available in various lengths and thickness so it is best to get enough to avoid running out during the stitching.
Some people who don’t live in cold climates can still wear a hat with Crochet stitches patterns. Lighter fabric should be used and may serve as a fashion statement for someone who wants to show some individuality.
Basic knowledge of stitching will give the person the edge of finishing the job faster. By knowing what kind of design to work on with the materials already available, the person can make many should this small hobby turn into a business.
There are so many Crochet stitches patterns to choose from. With a little practice, the person does not have to use an instructional video or book anymore since the ideas are already inside the person’s head.
The person should just then find the time to sit down and draw it before turning that idea into something that can be used for the head.
The fashion world works on the different seasons. The one thing that has remained the same all these years is the colors. Light colors are used to welcome summer and spring while dark colors are used to symbolize fall and winter.
During these months, certain additions may excite the community and one of these is Crochet stitches patterns. The first time these came out were often seen in furniture.
These are the curtains on the wall, the coasters for the glasses and at times the table mats. Since fashion is about imagination and being able to make the person carry it, designs have been made to bring it out into the streets.
The world’s best designers do not just make designs for those who are young. The designs are made to create a carefree and spirited individual who may be old but have the youthful spirit at heart.
A simple pair of jeans could have flower patterns on the back pocket. The handbag could have a double stitch with different colors. The top could be a long sleeve jacket with a flower in the back or a patch in the arm.
Patterns like these and others may come in different sizes and shapes. Some can be represented in the form of an animal. Those who are patriotic could follow the colors of the flag with the red, white and blue in a top.
There are so many designs that the person can get from magazines and the internet. By looking around or using a little imagination, some unique and new patterns can also be made.
Some people have this notion that Crochet stitches patterns are only for women. There are a lot of designs that men and children can wear as well. This is not only for shirt that is worn but can be used to accessorize the jacket as well in the form of a patch for the arm. People who want to stand out or individualize can also make a hat or wear a pair of gloves that also use these designs.
Women can also make Crochet stitches patterns in scarves, capes and coats that will make the person look fashionable even in a cold climate.
Making a Crochet stitches pattern is easy as long as the person has some basic knowledge of cross stitching. The only needed after that is the needle and thread that is used to make it.
It is a good idea to first draw it on paper before starting out. After making the layout, it is time to go to the specialty store and choose the ideal yarn for the item that the person is going to make. Weight is very crucial since this will determine if it is expandable.
Beginners who don’t do this often should always start with simple patterns before moving on to the more advanced designs.
The best place to learn patterns these are through books. There also some that can be found in the internet and is free. These sources not only show the design but also how to do which makes it easy for anyone to catch on.
Another good place to learn some designs is by going to the mall. There are some specialty shops that have it as part of the collection. By taking it off the rack, wearing and feeling the texture, the person will have an idea and do it upon getting home.
Crochet stitches patterns from simple furniture items can now be turned into a fashion statement. These can be used for everyday wear from top to bottom. The person just has to decide whether to buy it from the store or take the time and do it at home.
This could take some time but the hard work will all pay off when the person gets complements from family member and friends who find out that this was done at home. It takes a little imagination to make it happen and good hands to bring it to life.
Crochet stitches designs don’t always have to be something new. There are some old ones that were popular before and are now making a comeback. The designs sometimes depend on the season and the direction of those who have some authority in the world of fashion.
Many theorize that knitted and Crochet stitches items survived in the early period of imperialism. Many communities in this era used this kind of industry as their main source of living. The crocheted and knitted products are mostly purchased by the middle class society.
Crochet stitches was known to identify the status symbol of a person from the early history. This kind culture was practiced by the royalties who were able to afford buying expensive lace products and make the value of Crochet stitches products to depreciate.
Many have theorized that knitting and crocheting was developed through the old practices of people leaving in countries like China, Middle Eastern countries, and in South America. Many people believe that Crochet stitches may have been practiced by early cultures to flex the muscles of the forefinger rather than a fashion hook. This theory was accepted by many craft historians because of the lack of artifact Crochet stitches products as proof of its traditional practices.
In the early 1800’s, many European communities have used Crochet stitches products in place of the much expensive lace made materials. Crocheting only requires fewer materials, and it is also widely accepted by different social classes. From these periods, Crochet stitches was done mostly on thread. The most common widely made products from Crochet stitches were filet Crochet stitches made in rows either open or close mesh to make a particular pattern. While in the 1900’s, the massive production of steel hooks have introduced many products which are made from thread.
In today’s time, crocheting and knitting is the pleasure of many people. It has recently evolved the interest of many people on handicraft making that made it so popular with the high quality of yarns and threads used. The pleasure of making a Crochet stitches item is working it with different yarn textures and colors.
As a beginner, a person should learn the process of making a pattern row and a single stitch crocheting. Here are some basic steps that will help a person learn how to make a Crochet stitches product.
2. He may start by holding the Crochet stitches hook in his right hand if he is right-handed. Then he may create a slipped knot on the hook.
3. He may slide the hooked yarn to the slipknot of the hook. This process will create a continuous stitch or a chained like stitches. He will then proceed to bringing back the yarn on top of the hook making the thread go into the hook and grabbing the slip knot into the hook.
4. He can pass on the first chain stitch allowing the knot to be properly hooked on the knot of the thread. This will allow the thread to be properly in place so that it will not loosen. A much tighter knot would be better to create a chain stitch.
5. He may insert the hook to the hole of on the next chain stitch, and then slide the yarn passing through the center of the second chain stitch going to the upper part of the hook. He may have now created two loops on the hook of the threads.
6. He may bring the yarn back on the hook from back to front and slide the knot in the center of the loops that he had created on the hook.
7. From the second loop, create another one chain stitch to make a counter clock wise loop. This allows the hook to remain in the chain stitches. He may start again in creating the following rows, creating the same loops on the previous rows.
8. He may create a single Crochet stitches stitch in the first loop tightened going to the following loops of the previous rows. He must be exactly sure to create the hook on the last stitch to retain the stitches on their places.
To finish the work, he may cut the excess yarn on the skin. He must not forget to retain at least 6 inches of the thread on the last chain stitch. This will allow him to slide the hook up to the upper part of the loops and bringing the thread into the last loops of the hook. As a beginner, he may find it difficult to do especially on more detailed Crochet stitches products. He may start doing these basic steps to help him get used with the techniques.